Due to increased competition in the industrial market and increased environmental requirements, engineering products need to be produced cheaper, faster and better. Numerical simulation can contribute substantially to this process, as it is faster and cheaper than experimental or real model testing.
CFS Engineering works closely with its clients to better understand their complex engineering problems using numerical simulation, with the ultimate goal of improving product design. CFS Engineering offers the following services:
• grid generation for fluid and structural mechanics problems
• computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations
• structural mechanics simulations in collaboration with SMR
• wind tunnel testing through RUAG
• CFD simulations for conceptual and preliminary aerodynamic design, moving bodies using NASA
CFS Engineering can tailor its simulation codes to suit specific client needs. Available computer resources at CFS Engineering are two linux clusters with a total of 80 cores.