Je suis intéressé
Neuchâtel / Zürich
Internship in Bio-Potential Signal Acquisition
Neural and muscular electrical activity monitoring is becoming popular in human health care applications (i.e. Alzheimer treatment, prosthesis controlling). Commonly bio-potential signals like brainwaves and neural activities are recorded periodically for investigating the health. In general, bio-potential signals have a very wide voltage amplitude ranging from microvolt to millivolt; this imposes strict design constraints on the signal conditioning circuitry to properly record and treat those signals.
The work of this thesis is to design a system based on an existing CSEM’s integrated circuit for acquiring and processing such bio-potential signals.
- Study the state-of-art integrated circuits for small bio-potential signal acquisition
- Study and select the proper electrodes
- Specify and design a complete system comprising the integrated circuit, the electrodes, etc…
- Develop the necessary firmware (for the integrated processor) and software for a demonstration
- Take the system into operation
- Student in (micro)electronics with good understanding of analog and digital circuit design, and experience in the use of CAD tools (simulation, PCB design, …)
- Interested in designing a state-of-art bio-potential signals conditioning circuitry
- Experience in signal acquisition techniques and signal processing preferred but not required
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to benefit from an intensive supervision for your thesis and to develop your analog/mixed signal design skills. Moreover, depending on the results, there might be an option to become co-author of a conference/journal paper. Finally, you will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture.
For the duration of the thesis, the student is expected to be located in Zürich or Neuchâtel.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file at email@example.com, mentioning ref. M121.2017-57 in the subject. Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.