Je suis intéressé
To start as soon as possible and for a duration of six months.
Recently, neural activity monitoring has become popular in human health care applications (i.e. Alzheimer treatment, prosthesis controlling). Commonly bio-potential signals like brainwaves and neural activities are recorded periodically for investigating the health. These bio-potential signals fall within a frequency band of subhertz range, highly dominated by flicker noise and DC offset. Moreover, bio-potential signals have very wide voltage amplitude ranging from microvolt to millivolt. This implies strict design constraints on the signal conditioning circuitry for bio-potential signals.
The objective of this thesis is to design a high precision advanced chopper amplifier, which is characterized by low noise power and low offset for processing such bio-potential signals to merge electronics and the neuron for tomorrow's bio-medical applications.
- Study the state-of-art chopper amplifiers and ripples suppression techniques
- Compare different chopper amplifier topologies, and select or propose one which fits best for low power designs
- Design and implement the amplifier, including the digital controller if needed.
- Interest in designing a state-of-art bio-potential signals conditioning circuitry
- Student in microelectronics with good understanding of analog and digital integrated circuit design, and experience in the use of CAD tools (i.e. Cadence)
- Good understanding of amplifier design
- Experience in chopping techniques and bio-signal conditioning preferred but not required.
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to work with leading Swiss and international companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file at email@example.com, mentioning ref. 'M121.2017-29' in the subject.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.