Je suis intéressé
As a member of Bluetooth Special Interest Group (BTSIG), CSEM has access to work-in-progress on future versions of Bluetooth standard. This includes quite stable definition of new future AoA & AoD features. CSEM is involved in the development of Bluetooth Low-Energy RF CMOS IP and is willing to follow the evolution of standard. AoA & AoD are a priori features that are only related to digital upgrades of existing IP. CSEM has also a strong background in localization based on different technologies (RSSI, TDOA, IR-UWB) and for different contexts (indoor, outdoor).
During this internship, the objective will be to study carefully what is described in the future BTSIG standard and then to develop an existing Bluetooth IP development platform (RF CMOS IC+ FPGA):
• Evaluation of the potential limitation of CSEM's phase conversion scheme
• One or several switched antennas system
• Upgrade of digital baseband to support the Bluetooth Direction Finding features AoA & AoD (VHDL to be implemented first in FPGA)
• The software to process optimally the low-level information (Phase and/or I&Q baseband signals) in order to extract the angle.
The intern will be supported by CSEM's experts in antenna, RF, digital, software and localization domains.
• Student or graduate in (micro)electronics with interest in wireless communication systems, i.e. protocol, antennas and signal processing
• Knowledge of programming languages: VHDL, C in embedded platform or Python
• Proficient in both French and English
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to benefit from an intensive supervision for your internship and to develop your skills in the concerned field. Finally, you will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning ref. M161.2018-7 in the subject. Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.