Je suis intéressé
DIGITAL RADIO ENGINEER
to complete its Neuchâtel-based team of highly skilled IC design engineers. The objectives of this group are to provide innovative ultra-low power ICs for short-distance wireless communication systems integrated in deep-submicron CMOS technologies, as well as next generation UWB Impulse Radio solutions for ranging and localization applications.
The RF and Analog IC design group offers an exceptional opportunity to participate to innovative advanced developments for industrial customers worldwide, as well as work on long-term applied Swiss and European research projects, in accordance with CSEM's mission to bridge the gap between universities and industry.
• Develop and collaborate with the analog/digital RF team for the next generation radio
• Help to design and improve the current radio modem algorithms as well as calibration algorithms for the analog blocks
• Validate the design through simulations, FPGA validation and lab characterization
• Support the backend tasks such as synthesis, place and route, backannoted simulations and final verifications.
• MS or PhD degree in EE (electronics, microelectronics)
• At least 5 years of experience in IC design, with proven digital signal processing experience
• Excellent expertise in digital communication principles, modulation schemes and wireless modem architectures
• Good understanding of radio architectures and its building blocks (analog and digital) as well as the trade-offs in terms of low-power consumption
• Signal processing skills at hardware and software level for fundamental building blocks like filters, interpolators, FFTs, CORDIC, PID controllers
• Expertise in HDL languages, especially VHDL. A good knowledge of the entire digital flow (from design to backend) for ASICs and FPGAs is a plus
• Understanding of information theory principles like signal entropy, compression algorithms and error correction codes
• Interested in laboratory measurements
• Professional proficiency in English and French. German is a plus.
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to work with leading Swiss and international companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file at firstname.lastname@example.org$, mentioning ref. M161.2017-10 in the subject.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.